We put your knowledge to the test in this quiz.
In March 2023, the State Government released the South Australian Multicultural Charter. This major piece of work is a step toward a more unified, harmonious and inclusive multicultural society.
It is based on six principles that all South Australians:
- Recognise, respect and value cultural, linguistic, racial and religious diversity and the contribution this has made, and continues to make, to our State.
- Are encouraged to engage in the reciprocal exchange of knowledge and understanding of our cultural, linguistic, racial and religious diversity.
- Are able to live, work and study to thrive in all aspects of life in a cohesive society.
- Have the right to mutual respect, understanding, fairness, safety and freedom from discrimination based on their cultural, linguistic, racial and religious background.
- Should lawfully be able to preserve, express, practice and celebrate their cultural, linguistic and religious diversity.
- Have equitable access to opportunities and services that support participation in the educational, social, cultural, economic and political life of our State.